Calendar appointments and meetings
To set or remove reminders in appointments and meetings, do one of the following:
· For all new appointments or meetings that you create
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- To have a reminder automatically turned on or off for new appointments or meetings, on the Preferences tab, in the Calendar group, select or clear the Default reminder check box.
- If you select the check box, enter the amount of time before the appointment or meeting when you want the reminder to appear.
· For existing appointments or meetings
- Open the appointment or meeting.
Note If the Open Recurring Item dialog box is displayed, you must decide whether to change the reminder for the occurrence that you opened or for the entire series. Click either Open this occurrence or Open the series, and then click OK.
- On the Appointment tab, in the Options group, in the Reminder list, select the amount of time before the appointment or meeting when you want he reminder to appear. To turn a reminder off, select None.
Note For all-day events, the default reminder time is 18 hours in advance. Although you can't change the default for all of the all-day events you create, you can change the reminder time individually on each appointment.